Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 6835
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer prints from my computer but will not print items I want to copy that I place in the document window tray or in the document feeder. I keep getting a message "Copy does not support Statment. Load a supported size of paper in the tray to continue." I have white 8 1/2 by 11 paper inserted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My grandson came over this morning and fixed the problem. He is a computer whiz, but he couldn't understand why it wouldn't copy and print from just the printer. Finally, he pulled out the paper tray and reinserted it. Now it works fine and copies from the glass and the paper insert. If he couldn't fix it, I was going to put it back in the box and return it to Staples.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to put original face down on the glass ? It will work very similar to a photocopy machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes. I have tried both ways and with no results. It does print documents from my computer but not when I try to copy documents on the printer by itself.

It is a new printer and when I try to print from printer only, it tells me I have the wrong size paper. I am using 8 1/2 by 11 paper that I take out and replace but nothing changes.

I have installed the HP disk that came with it but it doesn't tell me how to solve this problem.

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me. Brenda 

HP Recommended

My grandson came over this morning and fixed the problem. He is a computer whiz, but he couldn't understand why it wouldn't copy and print from just the printer. Finally, he pulled out the paper tray and reinserted it. Now it works fine and copies from the glass and the paper insert. If he couldn't fix it, I was going to put it back in the box and return it to Staples.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.