Message 1 of 4 (672 Views)

Printer won't stay online

My printer goes off line everyday. I need to unplug it and replug before it will print commands from the computer. Why is this happening?

Message 2 of 4 (38 Views)

Re: Printer won't stay online

My printer will not stay online.  After each use it is offline, what do I do?

Message 3 of 4 (33 Views)

Please provide the following relevant information so someone can help including:

Printer Model –

Operating System of computer -

Detailed Problem Description including all network devices (extenders, switches)-

Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless, Wireless Direct? -

Make and model number of router and modem? -

Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? –

Is the printer plugged directly into the wall outlet?  If not, please explain how the power is connected.

Do you think the printer is going to sleep and can’t wake up? -

If wireless, when the problem occurs, what is the status of Blue Wireless light on printer, on, off or blinking? –

Power off printer and router.  Power on router and wait 3 mins, power on printer.  Does it connect to the router now?  What is the printers IP address?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 96.8% chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
Message 4 of 4 (23 Views)

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation