Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

Hi HP Team,

I need one help from you, How can we get the Username Should be print in the Paper as default, while printing.

Ex: If i am going to take print by default my name should come in the corner in the paper, How do i setup i the printer or printer server? 

Please help me 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There is nothing available on common Laserjet (or clone) printers to cause them to add anything to the page images defined within incoming print jobs; I'm less familiar with inkjet printers, but I'm very sure that the same comment applles with that type of printer.

The only way to get extra data printed on the first (or each) page of each print job is to use a printer driver which offers such a feature.

Some drivers offer watermark features, which add (usually in a lighter shade) some text.

The available options vary from driver to driver: for example:

• Some may only allow fixed text, whilst others may provide certain 'dynamic' values (such as username or jobname) to be used.
  • Some drivers may allow the font and font size of the watermark text to be specified.
  • Some drivers may allow the position of the watermark text to be specified.

Of course, if the print jobs use a different driver, or are perhaps generated by bespoke applications which don't use a printer driver, then this watermark option would not be available.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, Can you please see the link below, I need the same setup in my printer, My printer model is HP Laserjet 527MFP, Is that possible enable the Username in the print paper?

http://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/id01-0131.html

HP Recommended

i'd guess that the equivalent, on the LaserJet M527 printer,  of the Konica Minolta "ID & Print" feature which you linked to, is to use one of the "Job Storage" features:

Capture.PNG

But I do not believe think that either the HP, or the K-M, feature will causes a username to be printed on each (or any) page of the printed document.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.