Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8710 & 4650
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Last Christmas I purchased an Officejet 4650 and an Officejet Pro 8710. Everytime I need to print something, I have to turn the machienes off, then on again.

Whats going on here? can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TerAnne

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer and an HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer. You need to restart the printers each time you want to print something. The printers do not wake up when a print command is given. Not to worry though as I have a few suggestions. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• When was the last time the prints responded to print commands spontaneously?
  • Did any changes take place on the network (anything at all) or if any updates happened for the printers?

Meanwhile, I did som research and suggest you to perform the below steps to fix the issue for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer:

• The wireless test report has the IP address printed on it.
  • On your computer, open an Internet browser.
  • Type the URL address for the EWS in the browser address bar, and then press Enter. Make sure to type the IP address into the Internet browser's address box. If typed into a toolbar search box or search engine, the EWS does not open.
  • If a website security certificate displays in the Internet browser, click Continue.

• The EWS webpage for the printer opens, which confirms that the printer is on the same network as the computer.

• On the EWS webpage, click the Network tab.

• In the Wireless section, click Wireless (802.11), and then click Manual IP.

• If a Suggest a Manual IP Address option is available, click it, click Apply, and then reconnect your printer. If the wireless connection drops, continue to the next step.

• If a Suggest a Manual IP Address option is not available, continue troubleshooting.

Figure : Clicking Suggest a Manual IP Address

Clicking Suggest a Manual IP Address

• On the Network Configuration Page, locate the IP AddressSubnet Mask, and Default Gateway.

Figure : Example of the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway

Example of the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway

• On the EWS webpage, type the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers from the Network Configuration Page in the matching fields, and then click Apply. If the wireless connection drops, continue to the next step.

Figure : Typing the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers

Typing the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway numbers

Once you finish the above steps, please continue with the below steps:

• Search Windows for devices, and then select “Devices and Printers” in the list of results.  
  • Right-click the name of your printer, and then select “Printer Properties”. 
  • The Properties window opens. 
  • Click the “Ports” tab, and then click “Add Port”. 
  • Select “Standard TCP/IP Port”, and then click “New Port”. 
  • Type the printer’s IP address that you wrote down earlier, and then click “Next”. 
  • Select the new “Standard TCP/IP Port” from the list, and then click “OK”. 
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup. Now try printing. 

Please repeat the same steps for your HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer. To know the IP address for your HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer, please print a network configuration page using the below steps. Once yo uhave the IP adress yo umay perform the aove steps.:

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.