Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Other

Updated: 

I installed the ink cartridges that came with the printer. The first time an error message popped up, printhead appears to be missing, not installed correctly or detected.  After reinstalling, cartridges,  clicked the OK button, same message appears. Can't get pass this error message( # oyc19a0024).  Appreciate all the help! thank you

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Not sure if the issue is related to the Printhead assembly not seated or latched properly.  An example on the the Officejet Pro 8630 shows you where to look out to seat and latch the printhead assembly properly.

Hope that helps!

Print head lever.jpg

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi Honor Student,

Not sure if found the solution, did you try to power cycle [ on / off power socket ]?

Although I am HP Employee andI am speaking for myself
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
HP Recommended

@MY62FD,

For the printhead error that you are seeing, please refer to the below support document to troubleshoot.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-8710-All-in-One-Printer-series/7902014/model/79...

If you are still seeing the issue after following the guide, I would like to advise you to call HP Support for the country you are residing.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Could you let us know how is the status?

-Bryan-

*I am an HP employee.I am speaking for myself and not for HP*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
HP Recommended

I bought an HP 8720 and while attempting to install the printer, I got that error message.  I followed all of the on line instructions and eventually went to the online help.  after hours of working on the printer, I was told that a new printer would be shipped to me.  I just got an email message saying they had sent me a new ink cartridge.  The ink cartridges shipped with the printer had all dates in late 2018.  I will never buy an HP product ever again.  I loathe this company - and I have been a long time supporter and frequent buyer of HP gear.  It is clear this printer was never checked and tested prior to shipping.  Never again.

HP Recommended

The error message that I got was 0xc19a0044.  It had the same text as above, "the printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed."

HP Recommended

In my interaction with HP support, HP agreed that the printer they shipped me was defective and they were shipping me a new printer.  A few days later, Igot email from HP saying that they wer shipping me new ink cartridges - despite the error saying the problem was that the print head was not installed.  I then logged into support and told them I was shipping the printer back - which I did many days ago.  I told support to not send me anything as I do not have the printer any more.

Today I got more email saying the new print cartridges will be develered in a few days.  You cannot make this stuff up.  HP is doing its best to keep me busy with their defective product.

What has happened to HP?  They used tobe a great company.  I have owned many HP products over the years.

HP Recommended

I continue to be extremely disappointed with HP products and their response to a very bad product. I tried the URL listed in the HP reply to my comment on Amazon: http://hp.care/2m06L5G. That URL yields a page which says "Product not found".

What has happened to HP? Terrible service.

HP Recommended

I just spent another 20 minutes on the HP support chat line and they say they are going to cancel the order - again.  They asked me a bunch of questions that were irrellevant.  They knew I had contacted them previously to cancel shipment.

The worst is that HP has done nothing to make this right with me.  Shame on them.  Not one note saying sorry for the trouble.

HP has really gone to crap.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.