Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Windows 10 64-bit with all updates.

I have tried install HP Deskjet F2100/F4100 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver,

version 14.8.0

file name: DJ_AIO_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-f4100-all-in-one-printer-series/3177560/m...

The wizard was able to detect my printer, but the during installation is displayed fatal error and all drivers and HP software are removed.

When I have tried install drivers via Windows Update but the installation always fails with error 0x800706be for all HP software.

I have tried install/uninstall several times.

I haven't have been able to successfully install it.

Printer previously worked fine with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Please help me!

FatalError.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mariankral,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand you failed to install the printer driver in Windows 10.

First, please make sure the printer driver is removed from your system completely:

HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Then, restart your laptop.

Download DJ_AIO_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_140_404-4.exe to your desktop. Run it and follow the on-screen instruction.

Let me know if you can finish the installation this time.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.