Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 5160 Color Inkjet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I want to install my printer but couldn't find a driver for my product. I let HP search my product and it says it's a HP Deskjet 5160 Color Inkjet Printer model 5151 (serial number given is correct) but when I select this product I'm forwarded to this page

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-5100-printer-series/304430/model/3044...    And I can't download a driver or something there.

Can anyone please help me because I'm really confused now.

I'm working with Windows 10 64 bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for helping me out. This wasn't the solution although my problem has been solved by a friend.

De computer and the printer couldn't communicate with each other. Unplugging the power- and USB cable, restarting the computer and replugging the power- and uwb-cable was the solution to this problem.

Thanks anyway and keep up the good work!!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Sandra20,

Thanks for posting, I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand from your post that you are unable to install HP Printer drivers on your windows 10 computer.

Well, firstly I would like to inform you that the full feature printer driver for your HP Deskjet 5160 color printer is not available. However, you can install the in-built drivers onto your computer for printing.

Link 1: Using Your Printer with Windows 10

Link 2: After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print

Link 3: Windows 10 Built-in Driver Failed to Install

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead,

Regards,

Susantd

Glad to help you, I work for HP

Click the Thumbs Up to say “Kudos” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for helping me out. This wasn't the solution although my problem has been solved by a friend.

De computer and the printer couldn't communicate with each other. Unplugging the power- and USB cable, restarting the computer and replugging the power- and uwb-cable was the solution to this problem.

Thanks anyway and keep up the good work!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.