Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
C309g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having problems printing 4x6 photos.  The photo would print various sizes of the partial photo only.  I decided to try updating driver from HP support, no change in problem.  I then decided to delete the printer and reinstall.  My WIN 7 setup disk will not run (apparently due to WIN 10). I d/l the latest driver for the printer and WIN 10 and it works fine, but it does not recognize the printer paper drawer.  Now I want to setup wireless and I need to access the solution center and it will not open.  It says I need to run the setup process again.  So that is where I am, the setup disk will not run.  How do i rectify this problems? 

Thanks.

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@phils2888,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the latest drivers are not installed. 

Hence you need to uninstall the older software and then download and install the latest one.

Please follow the links below: 

1. Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

2. Full Feature Software and Driver

Let me know if this works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@phils2888, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to print 4x6 photos from your HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printers (C309g).

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Printing Photos (Windows)

You may also check the link Using Your Printer with Windows 10

Also, check if the photos paper settings are 4 x 6 inch or 4 x 6 inch with tab as later one requires tabbed photo paper.

Let me know how that works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Rainbow 23, your solution is not a fix for my problem.  When I access the HP Solution Center, I get an error message that I need to run the setup program again.  As I explained, my setup disc does not work. It was for WIN 7 and now ai am using WIN 10.  I assume I need a setup disc or download that works for WIN 10. 

Thank you.

Phil

HP Recommended

@phils2888,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the latest drivers are not installed. 

Hence you need to uninstall the older software and then download and install the latest one.

Please follow the links below: 

1. Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

2. Full Feature Software and Driver

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

The deletion of the old software and the installation of the new complete software fixed my problem.  Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.