Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet D2360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a driver from HP's website for the printer to work on Windows 10. Everything was fine until I printed out a colored page and realized the colors were all messed up! I knew the problem was the driver because it happened on another computer with Vista on it after I updated the drivers.

What I did is removed the driver for Windows 10, then installed the universal drivers from HP. The universal drivers were too complicated, so I tried to use the driver for Windows Vista.

All I want is to have every single file gone from all three printer drivers. I've removed stuff from Programs & Features, I've removed folders from the C drive because the universal & Vista driver did not show up in Programs & Features.

I tried the IObit uninstaller as suggested in another post, but unfortunately the two drivers didn't show up on the list.

Help greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ang-anon, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have printer driver issue with your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Please uninstall the printer software from the root level and check if it helps.

1. Navigate to Start >Type Devices and Printers in the Search > Select it from the results

2. Highlight your printer object and Right Click

3. Choose Remove Device

4. Highlight something else from the list

5. Click the Print Server Properties button from the toolbar

6. Select the Drivers Tab

7. Highlight the appropriate print driver

8. Click Remove

9. Check the Remove Driver and Driver Package option when prompted

10. Click OK

Please update the printer software using this link.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding.

I was able to remove the universal driver from the instructions, but it won't let me remove the D2360 driver at all. I get this message, even when I do it through Change Driver Settings. I do not have the printer connected to computer.

I also looked at the driver link you posted. That is the same exact driver I downloaded that has the color issues.

failed-to-remove.png

HP Recommended

@ang-anon, Thanks for your generous response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

go back into Command Prompt to perform re-registration of certain files. Please type these commands and hit enter (nothing will happen if you type it correctly):

MSIEXEC/UNREGISTER
MSIEXEC/REGSERVER

Afterward, type these commands and hit enter (you should see windows stating it was successful):

REGSVR32 MSI.DLL
REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
REGSVR32 SOFTPUB.DLL
REGSVR32 WINTRUST.DLL
REGSVR32 INITPKI.DLL
REGSVR32 DSSENH.DLL
REGSVR32 RSAENH.DLL
REGSVR32 GPKCSP.DLL
REGSVR32 SCCBASE.DLL
REGSVR32 SLBCSP.DLL
REGSVR32 MSSIP32.DLL
REGSVR32 CRYPTDLG.DLL
After the check is complete, Try updating the windows update.

a) Go to the Start Menu. In the search bar type %temp% and hit enter.
b) Locate the correct folder starting with "7z" (the correct folder contains "Util" and "CCC" folders).
c) Open folder "Util".
d) Open folder "CCC".
e) Please run the L3uninstall.bat.
f) When the uninstall has completed, restart the computer.

Once after you try these steps try installing the software again and check if it helps.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All the DLL's removed except for four.  Each time it said the same thing . It was INITPKI.DLL, GPKCSP.DLL, SCCBASE.DLL, and SLBCSP.DLL. I ran the command prompt as Administrator.

failed-to-load.png

I did %temp% in search bar and did not find anything. Also looked at %temp% through Run and did not see a folder starting with 7z.

HP Recommended

@ang-anon, Thanks for your generous response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you are still getting an error after trying out the steps.

Download and run CCleaner on your PC it fixes registry issues with your PC.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Perform a SFC Scan 
1.      Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
2.      Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc /scannow 
A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time
3.      If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
4.      If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" 
5.      After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Check the link for further guidance on SFC scan -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Let me know how it goes!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already have CCleaner on my computer. I did scan for issues in registry. I deleted the ones that I was certain was from HP.

I performed the SFC Scan. It says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

HP Recommended

Hello, @ang-anon

Appreciate your efforts 🙂

I see that you were interacting with @A4Apollo. He is out of office today and I would like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

Let's try to uninstall the printer program using the Microsoft tool. Go to http://hp.care/2dHImNI and select download to download the tool. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.