Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Another solution that works for me is to scan via OpenOffice. 

Insert-picture - Scan 

If it doesn´t work change the source under "scan" to the other driver, not the Twain one.

HP Recommended

I am unable to scan.  I have windows 10 and HP Envy 4502.  I can print, but when I try to scan, I get the message that the printer cannot connect to the computer.  I selected home, then document.  I never used the scanner before I had windows 10.  Please help.

HP Recommended

Hi @drpennix,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you are unable to scan using Windows 10. I will certainly do my best to help you. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

You may have to temporarily turn off any Antivirus Software, just to make sure it isn't interfering with scanning.

I have provided a document for not being able to scan using Windows 10. If you are still having issues, try one of the apps in Step 6 of the document, under Can't scan after the upgrade, HP Printers - Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10.

If you are still having issues scanning, please try the appropriate document:

How is the printer connected?

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have the same printer on Windows 10.  The program works (sort of - sometimes takes a couple tries to connect.

Problem is the software doesn't provide settings to correct the scan for a Document --- no Brightness, contrast, Cropping, DPI (up to 300 is not acceptable needs to go to at least 1200, etc).   The original program that came with the printer is so much better.

This program is just crap and has been reported to Microsoft and I gave it a bad review. 

You don't even have any support options for it on your support page....   Absolutely no useable information.

Very Poor HP.

You need to update the real software and scrap HP SCAN AND CAPTURE --- TOTAL FAILURE!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I am having exactly the same problem, my in-house IT can't solve it. I have the HP 7500A wide format E910.

They believe that the driver update has not solved this problem. I have a limited time to upgrade other PC's to windows 10 but lothe to as I need to be able to scan. HP done all that you have suggested twice over. Can you solve this? I have two of your printers. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

My IT consultants did this and said; 

Removed the device and the device drivers, unable to delete 3 instances of registry Keys relating to scan for HP 7500.
Reinstalling the drivers still caused "unable to connect to scan" issue.

They have recommended a re-build. This is ridiculous, can you resolve this to enable me to use the printer/scanner for its purpose? They believe that some of the registry keys are corrupt.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.