Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5510
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I am having difficulty scanning to my MacBook from my HP Photosmart 5510 printer. I have downloaded the drivers, proven by the fact that I can print. However, when I try to scan it says, mak sure 'Scan to Computer' is enabled. However, I can't seem to find where I can enable my MacBook to scan.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bryan1976

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand scanning from the HP 5510 Photosmart printer to scan to your MacBook isn't working,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

Have attempted to use any alternate applications instead of HP easy scan? if not try this link: Click here

Try the below steps:

Once you have scanned your documents and wish to save them, click the "send" icon in the lower right-hand corner of the application.  
This will bring up a pop-up asking if you wish to send the document to a folder or a printer.  
Select printer - This will bring up your normal print window.  

Now, look at the lower left-hand side of that window for the drop-down box.  It may say "PDF" as a default.  
Click the arrow next to that for the drop-down menu and select "Save as PDF."  

This will open a dialog window asking what you'd like to name the document.

Type in the name and click "Save" in the lower right-hand corner.

Your document will then be saved in the location you specified.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.