09-02-2012 08:21 AM
New HP all in one HP6150 printer installed on wifi network yesterday. Printing and copying OK but will not scan. Have tried everything I know and HP Print and Scan Doctor says all is working but scan box on PC will not show and messages come up "Cannot establish 2 way communication" and "The scanner is currently in use...." PLEASE can anyone help.
09-05-2012 12:21 PM
I'd like to see what I can do to help, but have a couple questions:
1. What version of Windows are you running?
2. How is the printer connected to the computer (wifi, USB, ethernet, etc)?
09-06-2012 01:58 PM
Ok, you should try enabling bi-directional support (or disabling if it is already enabled):
Bidirectional support allows Windows and the product to transmit data to each other without interruption.
- Click the Windows icon ( ).
- Open the Printers folder:Classic view: Click Control Panel , and then double-click Printers .Control Panel view: Click Control Panel , double-click Hardware and Sound , and then click Printers .
- Right click your product name, which has a checkmark.
- Click Printer Properties . Select the product, and then click the Ports tab.
- Select the Enable bidirectional support box located on the lower left side of the window.
09-20-2012 02:32 AM
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have tried checking and unchecking the box and no change.
I am continually getting the message Cannot connect to Scan and Cannot connect to printer even though the wireless settings on the printer say everything is working 100%. Sometimes if I make a copy first then I can print but there is a timelag of about 2 mins before printing starts even on a single page. Please let me have further advice.
09-20-2012 09:44 AM - last edited on 06-24-2015 06:54 PM by Omar-E
Sounds like there is some networking issue causing the printer to not be "seen" by the computer. Have you tried connecting the printer via USB to see if the problem persists? This is not a permanent solution, but can help isolate whether it is a wireless network issue or not.
To install the printer via USB, follow the steps in the article below:
09-23-2012 04:15 AM
Thank you for your email. I uninstalled printer/rebooted PC, router and printer and disabled wireless connections on printer.
Iit is now printing and copying OK but it will not scan. It starts and then error message appears "Not connected to PC/cannot communicate with printer".
Using HP Pavilion PC and Vista Home and had no problems with my old HP all-in-one printer.
09-24-2012 11:43 AM
Ok, the next thing you will want to do is follow the article below to resolve the scanning issue: