Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PSC 1510
Microsoft Windows Vista
I have misplaced my installation disc and the download has been retired from the website.

Can someone help me?

I need a download to install and use my printer on a new laptop
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@CaronH75

You can check the drivers, here: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

OR

If the new notebook is running Windows 8.x through Windows 10, then install this Driver:

Full Feature Software V14.0.304.5 W8-W10

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

For some reason I can not see your reply?

HP Recommended

@CaronH75

Yeah, that was odd.

I had to paste the content elsewhere, remove all content from the post, and then copy the content back into that post.

And, "just in case" :

If your "new laptop" is actually running Vista, then install this Driver:

Full Feature Software V13.0.445.0 WXP-W7

OR

If the new notebook is running Windows 8.x through Windows 10, then install this Driver:

Full Feature Software V14.0.304.5 W8-W10

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Thank you, will give the vista link a go
HP Recommended

@CaronH75

You are welcome.

Glad to help.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Guys!

I have similar problem with the HP PSC 1510 software nowhere-to-be-found for my windows 7 OS.

Dragon-Fur - could You please reupload the Win7 exe? The  link (btw- the only legit and working link i found on the net) that You provided  works but every download stops when is around 120mb. Don't really know what could be the reason...

I would be grateful.  I need this printer ASAP for my little company, and can't really afford a new one for a moment.

EDIT: Oh, sorry. I finaly got it downloaded, just using some external download manager.

So.. thanks for the link Dragon-Fur, You're the Man! 🙂

Best Regards,

Tony

HP Recommended

Hi Tony,

I am sorry you cannot download the installation package -- it is not "mine" to upload / replace.

This software is located on the HP ftp site link -- "official" and all that.

I just downloaded the Win7 installation package -- it is 362MB, so "yeah", you are not getting the whole thing.  362MB is a small amount of data; unless your bandwidth is compromised, you should be able to get the package onto your computer.  Rats.

Issue could be almost anything -- you might have better luck with a different browser (assuming it is not your connection to the Internet that is contributing to the problem).

Try a different computer -- again, this assumes your (office network) Internet connection is not the bottleneck.

Assuming your system and the network are capable of completing the task, there might be a temporary "hiccup" -- you could try restarting everything, including the router.  Leave router off for two-three minutes (if you can stand it), then start router > computers > printers

Try asking a friend of associate to download the package to a USB stick for you.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank You very much, You've provided a lot of information -it's very kindful of You Dragon-Fur.

As I've stated in the edit - I've finaly downloaded the file trough some external download manager, so if someone gets my issue - try that.

Printer is now running smoothly, and I can print all day, till the ink is gone... JA HA HA HA HA! ( that was a diabolical laugh 😉 )

Wish You the very best,

have a wonderful day.

Regards,

Tony.

HP Recommended

@TonyDjent

You are welcome, Tony.

Yes, I can see where we "crossed" wires.  This is what happens lacking the "real-time" updates on what is happening whilst editing / posting.

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.