Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 200 G1 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since november the HP Solution Center Software installed in the PC was working fine with the Officejet 7210xi All-in-One Printer until today. The problem is that the Solution Centre won't open and there is no error message, just a tone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling one time with no success, same problem. I am now at a loss as to what to try next.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Microsoft released a patch today https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133431 that fixes the error introduced by 3132372. The new update allows embedded Flash files to run in the browser. This should fix issues with HP Solution Center.  

Please do not uninstall MS security updates and leave yourselves vulnerable.

AlliBee

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.

View solution in original post

80 REPLIES 80
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, mine worked a few days ago.  I am using Windows 10 in desktop mode with a HP Photosmart C410a.  I completely unistalled the printer and all HP software and reinstalled it.  No change at all.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  My printer is an HP Officejet 6500 e709n.  I uninstalled the printer and all HP software, using the latest Full Feature Software and driver solution.  Then I reinstalled everything.  Can not open HP Solution Center.  I double-click on the Imaging Monitor icon in my System Tray, I get a Windows error sound, and nothing else.  The same happens if I right-click the Imaging Monitor icon, and choose Launch/Show HP Solution Center.

I'll be calling HP's support soon, and when I learn something, I will report back.

HP Recommended

Spent about 2 hours on the phone with HP printer support, while they remotely controlled my machine.

After a sucession of uninstallations/reinstallations, no solution was found.  Permissions were checked, Compatibility was checked, antivirus software was disabled/enabled, the registry was edited, etc, etc...

The printer is fully functional.  It copies, scans, prints (haven't tested faxing, but I'm betting that still works).

So, what I did to mitigate the issue was fully uninstall the HP printer drivers and software, using the Full Feature installation software.  Then after a reboot, I reinstalled only the barest essentials; printer/scanner drivers, and OCR software (i.e. I unchecked everything I was able to uncheck).

Now, I can scan through MS Paint, print, copy, etc, and I don't have extra software running on my machine.  At least that's what I'm telling myself to make myself feel better.  Que sera.

I see people have been looking at this issue.  Why not create an account, and chime in.  Write something here.  Call HP (800-752-0900) and have them see what they can do.  Speak up!

Happy New Year!

HP Recommended

There's a lot of folks havinf the same issues - see HP Solution Center Dead etc

In ther I posted the error that gets logged to Event Viewer but here it is again...

The description for Event ID 0 from source HPSLPSVC cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started

This has the source as "HPSLPSVC".

As I say in the other thread this happened only this week and there have been a lot of W10 updates.

One thing that bothers me is that the HP drivers and SC are all 32bit progs - is there not a 64 bit version available now?

Hope someone solves this soon

Cheersand Happy new Year to ALL!

AJ

HP Recommended

My solution center won't open since today also.  I connected with the geek squad and they could not correct it.  This is very disconcerting as I depend on my HP solution center alot. Can someone advise as to why this may be happening.  I have been using windows 10 for a month now with no issues.  It tries to load, but only makes a "dinging" sound.  My printer is working, however  I used the solution center to scan documents with multiple pages for my work.  I would scan to my e- mail as an attachment and then forward to the client. 

HP Recommended

Ditto.

HP Recommended

You need to uninstall the latest MS W10 security patch - this block unsecured actions of flash player which HPSC uses.

It's a bit tricky to do but there is help in other threads

Cheers

AJB

HP Recommended

The patch to uninstall is...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3132372

HP Recommended

Same issue here.  Tried to use HP Solution Center and all I got was a chime...nothing opened.  Looks like it was Microsoft's latest security patch had disabled the HPSC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.