Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
CP1525nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been running windows 10 for about 6 months now on this laptop okay and the toolbox has run without a problem.  After the latest updates from Microsoft (a big one), toolbox will not run.  It looks like it's trying to start (from watchin the active task list) but errors out with a dcom error (viewable in the windoews system log).  No system tray icon ever appears.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @pesaxe

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that ToolboxFX is not working after a windows update.

I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that the ToolboxFx is not supported from Windows 7 onwards. Refer to below link.

http://hp.care/2ofZe32

However, I recommend you to uninstall ToolboxFx and install it again in Windows XP compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @pesaxe

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that ToolboxFX is not working after a windows update.

I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that the ToolboxFx is not supported from Windows 7 onwards. Refer to below link.

http://hp.care/2ofZe32

However, I recommend you to uninstall ToolboxFx and install it again in Windows XP compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If the toolboxfx is not supported under win 10, then why is the toolboxfx software part of the windows 10 installation?  Why is it that there's no other way to get at needed functions except for the toolbox?  The only sense I can make out of your reponse is that whatever organization someone is part of, will not help us.  Thanks anyway, in that you've informed me that I'm on my own very early in the life of a printer that I purchased new.  If I sound disappointed, it's only because I am.

In case it helps others, I fixed the problem by re-installing the drivers via their normal installation.  The toolboxfx now runs fine  I'm surprised that you told me to use the windoes XP compatibility box as that places the PC at major risk.  Is there a compatibility box for win 10?

HP Recommended

Hi,

What driver do I need to reinstall that includes toolbox? I don't see it listed in any of the drivers online.  Also what date is to the right of the correct one I need to download?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.