Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet D5560
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having problems with mi printer HP D5560. When I turn it on all the lights start blinking and I am unable to print anything. I cannot shut it off unless I unplugg it neither do anything else. Please I need help because I have tried a few things but unsuccesful.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cesarcas2017

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet D5560 Printer and when you power it on, all the lights start to blink. Due to this, the printer does not work. The only way to power it off is by unplugging the power cable. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any changes take place on the printer like cartridge replacement, etc?
  • Any paper jams, or errors?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the light continues to blink then I suggest you to perform the stpe sas described in detail in this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi, thanks for your reply. I have tried several attemps but did not work. What I remember is changing the color cartridge and I realize that I used hp61 by mistake because I had one from another printer and did not check before placing it. I hope this has not caused the trouble. I went to the page you recommended and tried what they offer but had no luck. This is very bad because here in my country Venezuela a new printer is very very very expensive. I recovered a HP D1660 that I had storaged for a few years and it works. However, I want to recover the one with the problem. Lets keep in touch

Cesar

HP Recommended

@cesarcas2017

You're welcome.I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot. 🙂

The compatible cartridges for this printer in Venezuela are as mentioned below:

• HP 60 - black (part# CC640WL)
  • HP 60 - Tri-color (part# CC643WL)

If you install these cartridges that should fix the issue. Also, I would like to know if this printer was originally purchased in Venezuela or another country?

Please let me know. I'll watch for your response. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi, here I am again. I have tried with new hp 60 cartridges but all the lights are still blinking. I do not know what else to do. In the city where I live in Venezuela (Maracay) I have no idea if there is a HP certified technician who could check my printer. Also parts and supplies are limited. I hope you can help me finding a solution for my case. Thanks

Cesar

HP Recommended

@cesarcas2017

Hi Cesar. Thank you for replying to me with the results. 

The evidence indicates towards a hardware failure. I have sent you a private message with the contact information for local HP support in your region. You may check for the possible hardware service options for the printer. 

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Take care!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.