Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 and Photosmart7510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect the HP Photosmart7510 Printer / Scanner/ Efax/ Copy to my HP Pavilion 23 running Windows 10. Everytime I put in the setup disk for the printer it says "this will only run on devices running windows 7" and some other stuff. Is there anyway I can connect these two? I know there has to be. someone please help, I just spent 600 on this printer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The original CD was made prior Windows 10 release and it is not intended for the operating system.

Follow the HP Printer Install Wizard below to get the latest software for the printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

even if I have to send every document over to the printer any other way, blue tooth set up whatever. Please help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The original CD was made prior Windows 10 release and it is not intended for the operating system.

Follow the HP Printer Install Wizard below to get the latest software for the printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Trying it right now, I gave you the thumbs up for responding and if it works I will follow your directions! thank you!

HP Recommended

One more question. it says if you dont have the cable it can be hooked up together as long as its on the same network, which it is, and it keeps bringing me to the point where it discovers the printer on the network it says 
select printer" I select it. press next and it just goes back to discovering device. any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Right click the WiFi or the Ethernet icon on your PC (within the System Tray near the date and time) and select Open Network and Sharing Center.

Is the network listed as Private or Public?

HP Recommended

thank you, public

HP Recommended

You are welcome.

Right click the Start icon and select Control Panel.

Ensure Category View is selected, click the View By option at the top-right of the control panel to change it if required.

Click Network and Internet.

Click HomeGroup

Click Change Location and select Yes from the side pane to change the netowrk type to private.

Go back to the Control Panel and select Network and Internet, then go to the Network and Sharing Center.

Click on Change Advanced Sharing settings in the right pane, Ensure that Network discovery is enabled, but the checkbox below (to automatically setup of network devices) is unchecked.

Ensure that File and Printer Sharing is enabled and reboot your PC.

Now try to reinstall the downloaded HP Software for your printer and check for any difference.

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I did all of that, it went one step further and then dissappeared. I tried to click the link and start over, should I restart the computer? or do something to close out the running install I cannot find?

HP Recommended

Yes,

reboot your PC and then try again, I would also suggest disabling Antivirus software if you have a such.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.