Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro L7680
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now I receive error messages for my Officejet Pro L7680 printer.  This states that the two sided printing module is not installed and that I can either print single sided or cancel.  I ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor -- now I don't get that error message, but when I try to print two-sided, it just goes into "nothingness".  Nothing happens, no error message, and nothing in the print queue. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @daybr,

I read your post and see that your getting a error that the two-sided printing isn't installed, since updating to Windows 10. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Check to see if you have the option to turn on the two-sided feature.

From the Devices and Printers window, right click on the printer and left click Printer Properties.

Select one of these tabs: Configure, Device Settings, or Device Options. (The
name of the tab depends on the print driver and the operating system.) On the
selected tab, click the accessory that you want to turn on, click Installed from the
drop-down menu, and then click OK.

If the issue persists, I would suggest to uninstall the old printer software and then download and install the latest software if you haven't already.

Here is the URL for the drivers. HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

It didn't work for me.  I've just spent an hour jumping through HP's hoops, installing the Support Assistant, downloading the latest drivers for my printer, re-booting the computer, twice, and the problem persists.  

What rankles me is that all of the above has used up my day's worth of bandwidth, taken over an hour of my time, and I'm not any better off than I was to begin with.

HP Recommended

I have same problem with L7480 printer.  I just ignored the message and clicked Print.  My print file came out fine and printed both sides. 

I suspect that HP want us to get new printers as there is no money in keeping the software up to date on old machines. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as well with the USB driver. Worked fine on Windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 and can't print two-sided. Get the warning that two sided-printing is not available print single sided? I accept and sometimes the print job prints other times it part prints and hangs and other times nothing!

Intrestingly it seems to work fine if I connect to the printer over the network.

HP Recommended

Enormous thank you for your advice - worked perfectly for me.

Great thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.