Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet P1606dn
Chrome OS

I've had to make some changes to our network so that our new default gateway has changed to 192.168.1.254. However the test page printed by the LaserJet shows that it is still set to a default gateway of 192.168.0.1 (the previous setting) and thinks its IP address  is 192.168.0.102.

To solve it, I've tried:

• Logging into 192.168.0.102 (no response)
  • Factory-resetting the printer by pulling out the power plug, putting it back in, and then pressing the power button while holding down both the X and page-down buttons on top of the device until the lights flash in the reset pattern, then reprinting the self-test page. Result shows no change; IP address still 0.102, default gateway still 0.1, and Wins server showing 0.0.0.0.
  • Logging into my router at 192.168.1.254. Can see other network devices including an IP phone and other things that successfully detected router IP address change via DHCP, but can't see LaserJet.

I'd be really grateful for some quick advice -- I need to print something today and I'm running out of time... 

To repeat the obvious, I know the IP number of the default gateway, and I know I need to get the printer set up so that it's on the right subnet and correctly talks to the gateway. But I can't see how to change the default gateway since I can't talk directly to the printer and it has no console buttons allowing this to be changed.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tim63

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand that you are trying to do the factory reset on your HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer.

To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.

1. Turn the product off.
  2. Turn the product on, and while it is initializing press and hold both control-panel buttons at the same time until all the lights blink in unison.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks ! It is done .

HP Recommended

I can get the reset to work and have the light blink in unison.

After the reset the printer comes up with ip adress 0.0.0.0. and set to manual instead of DHCP - is this expected default?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.