Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M651
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So for the past few months we have been having serious issues trying to download HP software and drivers from the HP support center. We've been able to squeek by by using older drivers and manually configuring printers through web interfaces.

However, today we have a critical asset that is getting an error, and apparently the fix is updating the printer firmware (I'm referring to 99.09.67 Error).

So we have a critical asset that is down and we are unable to download the firmware from HP's website, located HERE.

If there's any work around for this very frustrating and debilitating issue, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am able to download the firmware file from the HP site with no issues, the file immediately downloaded within 2 minutes.

Try downloading the firmware directly from the following link and check if that may work:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL54097/fp-130552-9/cljM651_fw_2307851_000048.zip

If that fails try this link as well:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL54097/fp-130552-9/cljM651_fw_2307851_000048.zip

If any of those fails I suggest trying a different browser or a download manager, if the same persists it may help contacting your IT guys and check if there might be any local issue preventing you to access the site as the HP site do function as expected..

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am able to download the firmware file from the HP site with no issues, the file immediately downloaded within 2 minutes.

Try downloading the firmware directly from the following link and check if that may work:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL54097/fp-130552-9/cljM651_fw_2307851_000048.zip

If that fails try this link as well:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL54097/fp-130552-9/cljM651_fw_2307851_000048.zip

If any of those fails I suggest trying a different browser or a download manager, if the same persists it may help contacting your IT guys and check if there might be any local issue preventing you to access the site as the HP site do function as expected..

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. The second link worked.

I tried using Firefox, Chrome, IExplorer, Edge, and Safari and the download I mentioned earlier didn't work on any of those browsers. I tried downloading via PC and OSX.

I am one of the IT guys here. There shouldn't be anything restricting downloads, because we can download anything from anywhere else just fine. It's the HP website that gives us consistent problems.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Can I ask you how you derived the FTP link? It'd be helpful not to have to create a new topic every time I try to download HP software, because this happens for literally every Software I try to download. Mind you, drivers by themselves download fine... it's always the "full complement" software suites that HP offers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.