Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet X476 DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi there everyone,

I have some issue in printing from Windows 10 application (all the apps that use the modern printing interface, that with a black background). When I launch a print from such applications, everything seems fine, but nothing is actually printed.

That's my environment: active directory domain with 9 Windows 10 Proclients and 1 Windows 2012 R2 Essentials server.

The printer is connected via LAN (Wired), it's installed in the server (TCP/IP port) and shared to the clients.

The printer has the latest available firmware, the driver installed are the latest version.

The problem doesn't occur if I try to print from a PC which is not domain-joined and has the printer directly installed (TCP/IP port).

Any idea about where could be the problem?

In the next dayas I will try the following:

- manually add the printer to a domain-joined client and try if printing works fine

- compare driver versions (those installed on the server, those installed on working clients)

I will update you if I discover something relevant!

Greetings

Nicolò

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This specific issue has been solved updating  the driver used by the shared printer.

Used driver: HP Universal Printing PCL 6

Previous version: 61.186.1.20636 (not able to print with this version)

Current version: 61.210.1.22695 (printing from modern UI works correctly with this version)

Regards

Nicolò

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This specific issue has been solved updating  the driver used by the shared printer.

Used driver: HP Universal Printing PCL 6

Previous version: 61.186.1.20636 (not able to print with this version)

Current version: 61.210.1.22695 (printing from modern UI works correctly with this version)

Regards

Nicolò

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.