Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My goal is to upgrade my Windows 7 (64-bit) to Windows 10. All went smoothly until I got a notification "uninstall HP Client Security Manager". There were several products I needed to uninstal first:HP Device Access Manager, File Sanitizer, Trust Circles, Theft Recovery, and finally HP DriveEncryption.

When I got down my list to HP Drive Encryption, I faced another notification: "Disable DriveEncryption from HP Security Manager before uninstaling it". I have tried to get that done without any success. So, how to disable HP Drive Encryption?

I really want to get rid of that whole HP Client Security stuff, since day one it has "spoilled" my user experience.

I would be happy of your experiences updating your Windows 7 to 10, thanks! Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My hard drive has hardware encryption, so my sequence is probably slightly different than yours. However, as an IT person, I would guess that you need to first decrypt your hard drive, before disabling or removing the HP Drive Encryption.

Before running my upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Pro 64-bit), I had to decrypt (which took 5 minutes), then uninstall multiple components, then uninstall HP Client Security. After that, the upgrade went very smoothly. Finally, at the end, I ran the HP Support Assistant and it found five updates for various pieces of software. I updated all five, and that went well. One thing that was fixed by the HP part of the update was that the docking station was not working after the Windows 10 upgrade, but now works fine after updating the HP components as detected by HP Support Assistant.

That was my experience: so far, so good.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

My hard drive has hardware encryption, so my sequence is probably slightly different than yours. However, as an IT person, I would guess that you need to first decrypt your hard drive, before disabling or removing the HP Drive Encryption.

Before running my upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Pro 64-bit), I had to decrypt (which took 5 minutes), then uninstall multiple components, then uninstall HP Client Security. After that, the upgrade went very smoothly. Finally, at the end, I ran the HP Support Assistant and it found five updates for various pieces of software. I updated all five, and that went well. One thing that was fixed by the HP part of the update was that the docking station was not working after the Windows 10 upgrade, but now works fine after updating the HP components as detected by HP Support Assistant.

That was my experience: so far, so good.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind attention. I found that my pc shown "HP 400G3PD MT i56500 1 TB 4 0G 50 PC OS Win 10 Pro downgraded to Win 7 Pro". Can you explain this? Is it on of the reason why I can't upgrade to Windows 10?

Thank you. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Nina

"Win 10Pro downgraded to Win 7 Pro" means that your PC has licence Win 10 Pro, but pre-installed Win 7 as downgrade rights of MS. If you want to use W10, just intall the Pro version and connect the machine to internet, the OS will automatically actived for you 🙂

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.