Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today I needed to print some important documents. I hit the print button and up pops all this JUNK.

HP....I AM NOT interested in any Sprout OR any E Print OR any Instant Ink AND I dont use wireless. I didnt ask for this JUNK, I just wanted to print the important documents.

I declined ALL the JUNK a few different times and tried to just print the important documents. The time ran out and I was unable to print out those documents.

Why did you decide all by yourself that you wanted to make me jump through hoops to just print out something ?

Just a week or so ago all I had to do was hit the " print " button and it printed what I wanted to print. Now I cant print ANYTHING !!!!

How do I get rid of all your non asked for JUNK and get my HP printer to print when I hit print ??????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @RCB123, welcome back to the HP Forums! 

I'd be happy to help you get rid of the advertising you're seeing. As I am unsure of what specifically is causing the pop ups to appear, it might be best to remove the full feature software and download and install only the basic driver. If you're unsure how to remove the software the following link will help you to do so: HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Now, since you didn't post your model number I can send you the link to your product page to provide the basic driver, but you can find it using this link: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads. Be sure to download the basic driver, not the full feature. 

If you require assistance locating your driver, respond back with your model or product number and I will help you. 

Cheers! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @RCB123, welcome back to the HP Forums! 

I'd be happy to help you get rid of the advertising you're seeing. As I am unsure of what specifically is causing the pop ups to appear, it might be best to remove the full feature software and download and install only the basic driver. If you're unsure how to remove the software the following link will help you to do so: HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)

Now, since you didn't post your model number I can send you the link to your product page to provide the basic driver, but you can find it using this link: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads. Be sure to download the basic driver, not the full feature. 

If you require assistance locating your driver, respond back with your model or product number and I will help you. 

Cheers! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Greetings Sunshyn2005 and thank you  for your reply. I must admit that I was in a panic mode when I posted my question. After calming down, I was able to verify that my issue was due in fact to user error. Turned out I was clicking the wrong button.I should have paid more attention to what I was doing....but I wasn't.

All is well now and my printer is working just fine. I continue to be a happy HP customer.

Best 2U,

Robert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.