Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8625
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

When I attempt to download a needed update to web services, my Office Jet 8625 downloads part of the update then simply stops downloading.  Sometimes the printer reports as little as 5% of the software downloaded, sometimes as much as 45% downloads before download progress comes to a screeching halt.  Or anywhere in between.  Eventually I get the error message "Download unsuccessful.  Product update could not be downloaded"  I've tried rebooting the printer and I've rebooted the computer (though I believe the printer is downloading independently from the computer).

All other downloads to the computer (including bandwidth intensive streaming video) are problem-free.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Esteban001.

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that your 8625 is unable to download a firmware update. I would like to help. 

I see two ways to tackle this issue. It could be a poor Web Services connection tat is causing this to happen. You can find Web Services troubleshooting steps in this post by @E-roqPro Tips: Troubleshooting ePrint and Scan to Email Issues in e-All-in-One Printers.

The other approach is to download the firmware update onto your computer and then update the printer. You can find the firmware update on the same page as the printers software and drivers. Just scroll down until you see Firmware and click on it. Here is a link to the 8625 driver page

Let me know which you try and if you have success. If you do, that's Great! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Esteban001.

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that your 8625 is unable to download a firmware update. I would like to help. 

I see two ways to tackle this issue. It could be a poor Web Services connection tat is causing this to happen. You can find Web Services troubleshooting steps in this post by @E-roqPro Tips: Troubleshooting ePrint and Scan to Email Issues in e-All-in-One Printers.

The other approach is to download the firmware update onto your computer and then update the printer. You can find the firmware update on the same page as the printers software and drivers. Just scroll down until you see Firmware and click on it. Here is a link to the 8625 driver page

Let me know which you try and if you have success. If you do, that's Great! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I downloaded the firmware to my computer then installed the download to the printer.  That worked.  I hadn't seen the "firmware" tag hidden underneath the Easy Start update.  Thanks for being clear about that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.