Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just want to know if it is taking up space because I don't use it. Is it a program my printer needs or is it for something els and I can delete it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As far as I am aware, it reports back with statistics on how the product is used to help HP develop and improve their products so I imagine it could well report any errors that your printer encounters.  It is not responsible for updates - you should have a seperately installed application called HP Update which is resposible for this.

Obviously, every system is different, but I can say that I've uninstalled it with no loss of functionality - I also remember receiving a similar warning when uninstalling.

Just as a point of interest, during the initial stages of installing the printer software suite, if you choose the Advanced Options, you can select not to install this application ( and other optional components such as Photosmart Essentials, Shop for Supplies etc ).

On the link below is a thread on another forum regarding this that you may wish to read.

http://www.msblog.org/2007/04/16/hp-customer-participation-program-software-causing-memory-leak/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

It's much the same as Microsofts Customer Participation Programs in that it sends back anonymous information relating to the use of HP Products - you can quite happily uninstall this application from its entry in Programs and Features via windows Control Panel.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. It tells me that if I remove the program it will effect the Printer Driver Software 13.0 Rel .5. Can you please tell me more about how the program works and how it effects the Printer Driver Software? Dose it report errors back to HP and for updates?

Thank you, CD636

HP Recommended

Hi,

As far as I am aware, it reports back with statistics on how the product is used to help HP develop and improve their products so I imagine it could well report any errors that your printer encounters.  It is not responsible for updates - you should have a seperately installed application called HP Update which is resposible for this.

Obviously, every system is different, but I can say that I've uninstalled it with no loss of functionality - I also remember receiving a similar warning when uninstalling.

Just as a point of interest, during the initial stages of installing the printer software suite, if you choose the Advanced Options, you can select not to install this application ( and other optional components such as Photosmart Essentials, Shop for Supplies etc ).

On the link below is a thread on another forum regarding this that you may wish to read.

http://www.msblog.org/2007/04/16/hp-customer-participation-program-software-causing-memory-leak/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you DP-K. This helps a lot.

Thank you once more,

CD636

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

@CD636 wrote:

I just want to know if it is taking up space because I don't use it. Is it a program my printer needs or is it for something els and I can delete it?

HP Recommended

Hello lefty1936. Are you referring to the HP Customer Participation Program? If so, that is not a program that is integral to the printer's function. You can delete and uninstall it if you wish.

To do that, just go into Control Panel, then Programs and Features. Right-click the program and uninstall it.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.