Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (74 Views)
Accepted Solution

Where... Is my serial number?!

Product Name: Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477 F
Operating System: macOS 10.12 Sierra

I'm trying to get support for my Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477 FNW that I just bought but I cannot find the serial number on the printer anywhere. My wife has looked it over as well and has no idea.

This is so frustrating because you cannot get support unless you have it.

Also, I cannot get the printer to see 5ghz wifi networks. Is the printer ac wifi compatible? The manual says nothing about these issues.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Where... Is my serial number?!

TR3B wrote:

Also, I cannot get the printer to see 5ghz wifi networks. Is the printer ac wifi compatible? The manual says nothing about these issues.

Thanks in advance.

The printer is not 5G compatible.  All wireless printers only work on the 2.4G band.  Enable the 2.4G band with a different SSID than your 5G.  Connect and print away.

View solution in context
Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (55 Views)

TR3B wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The printer is not 5G compatible.  All wireless printers only work on the 2.4G band.  Enable the 2.4G band with a different SSID than your 5G.  Connect and print away.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 97.2% (increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
Tutor
Message 3 of 3 (25 Views)

Hi TR3B,

Please refer to below youtube link, it will show you where to locate serial number for your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 printer (4:36).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJIyO_i0HQo

I am an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

* Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
* Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Learn how to unbox and set up the hardware on the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 printer. Follow the video to take the printer out of the box, load paper, and set up the printer. Want to see what cartridges and supplies are available for your printer? Visit http://www.suresupply.com. For other ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation