Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
deskjet D1460
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am looking to download the print driver only (not full software suite) for the Deskjet D1460 printer. Having gone through the Software & Drivers section of your website, only the full feature software is shown when this model is selected, with a note saying that if you want the print driver only, it is available as a separate download named "HP Deskjet Basic Driver". However there is no indication of where this can be downloaded, no link or anything. I have tried using the search feature of your website, to no avail. Can you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @james_233,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that you are looking for the HP Deskjet Basic Driver.

I would like to help.

I went to the website and checked it out. You are right.

Strangely enough it does refer to this"Deskjet Basic Driver".

I don't believe such a driver exists.

Your post says that you are running windows 8.1. It should have the Deskjet D1460 as a pre installed class driver.

Try using the add printer wizard to install the printer.

If it is still giving you a problem, try using the deskjet 9800 class driver.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @james_233,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I understand that you are looking for the HP Deskjet Basic Driver.

I would like to help.

I went to the website and checked it out. You are right.

Strangely enough it does refer to this"Deskjet Basic Driver".

I don't believe such a driver exists.

Your post says that you are running windows 8.1. It should have the Deskjet D1460 as a pre installed class driver.

Try using the add printer wizard to install the printer.

If it is still giving you a problem, try using the deskjet 9800 class driver.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you, I'll give those a try.

HP Recommended

Thanks, that seems to have done it. I had tried plugging it in and waiting, it started installing then appeared to get stuck. Turned out I was just being too impatient. Having run system restore to get rid of the incomplete driver I tried again, and this time left it to get on with it for a bit longer, and sure enough it eventually installed the driver successfully.

HP Recommended

Everything takes me to full download

HP Recommended

Same question, different printer.  The driver page for the psc 2175 (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-19447-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&... " If you only want the print driver (without the Photosmart Software Suite), it is available as a separate download named "HP Officejet and PSC Basic Software and Driver"."  I managed to find a Swedish version.  How about the English version?

I'm running XP.  What other driver can I use to use my printer, and hopefully the scanner, too. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.