Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP released the Windows 10 Compatible drivers for HP Officejet 4500. Thank you so much HP.

Here is the link - 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4500-all-in-one-printer-series-g510/391...

HP Recommended

After upgrading to windows 10 the printer is not printing

HP Recommended

After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 my h/p solution  does not work and i am unable to print an urggent document

HP Recommended

THE ONLY WAY I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PRINT WITH MY HP 4500 g510G-M IS TO PRINT WITH THE USB CABLE INTO THE LAPTOP/DESKTOP (WHATEVER) AND SELECT USB001 AS THE PORT.  IT DOESN'T SEEM TO WANT TO PRINT FROM INTERNET (RJ45) CONNECTION.

I CALLED HP ABOUT IT.  THEY WANTED $149 FOR A SIX MONTH SERVICE CONTRACT ON MY HP OFFICEJET (AND WOULD GIVE ME THE WINDOWS 10 DRIVERS -- WHICH THE REP TOLD ME THEY HAVE, BUT THEY HAVE NOT PLACED THEM ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR CONSUMERS TO DOWNLOAD BECAUSE MICROSOFT DECIDED TO UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10 AND STILL HAS NOT PROVIDED DRIVERS FOR HP OFFICEJET ON THEIR WEBSITE).  I REFUSE TO PAY $149! i WOULD RATHER BUY ANOTHER PRINTER (NOT AN HP... MAYBE CANON OR LEXMARK) UNDER THE GREEDY CIRCUMSTANCES HP HAS PLACED ME IN!

ALL I KNOW IS THAT WHEN I HAD SEVERAL PRINT JOBS IN THE HP OFFICEJET 4500 G510G-M, WHEN I HOOKED THE PRINTER UP WITH USB001 AS PORT AND CHANGED CABELING TO USB, ALL THE PRINT JOBS CAME OUT!

Marcia

HP Recommended

BULL.  IT SAYS RIGHT ON THE LINK TO THE PAGE THAT IT IS THE DRIVERS FOR XP, SP1, AND CAN ONLY BE USED WITH USB PORT!!

HP Recommended
I can't get this link to work - error 404 Page Not Found. I it.missing something after the ellipses....?
HP Recommended

"IMPORTANT NOTES
For Windows XP SP 1 Starter Edition and Windows Vista Starter Edition"

that's from the link that supposedly has win 10 drivers.

HP Recommended

Installed Windows 10 on my HP Officejet 4500 n-z printer.  Whenever I try to print from my HP desktop pc, a fax window pops up and I cannot print.  I tried new drivers and software, still no printing.  I hooked up directly via USB and still nothing.  Is this a universal compatibility issue with this printer and Windows 10?

HP Recommended

No way to solve the problem.
Also to me works only as Scanner.

Please, give us an update for the Win10 new drivers.
thanks

HP Recommended

I think I found the solution for the problems with printing and scanning after upgrading to WIN10. I found this link on HP's

site,

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/model/3919446/document/c04633629?sessionId=e3d7a158-b951-4dd9-a1...

I used the Print Scan Doctor to diagnose the problem, basically I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software and I can now scan again. I never had issues with printing or copying just scanning. It all works for me now.

Hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.