Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everyday I get this message. This message started when I had a netbook running XP about 1-1/2 yrs. ago. I hoped this message would disappear when I bought my new laptop running Win 10, but it didn't. I don't even have this printer any more.

"There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

• Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Fax - HP Photosmart 7520 series - Error 0x80070490

• Hewlett-Packard  - Imaging, Other hardware - Null Print - HP Photosmart 7520 series - Error 0x8024200b"

So far this what I did. I went into Device Manager, Printers, and I uninstalled it. Then I went into Settings, Devices and removed the device.

The upddate messages still appeared.

In Device Manager I noticed 6 unknown devices listed. When I went into their properties; events; there were notations referencing the 7520 printer the latest as of yesterday something about installing the printer. Should I uninstall these too?

I don't know why this error message won't go away ssince I don't have this printer anymore.

Helen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should simply uninstall the Unknown Device and the Windows Update issue will no longer occur, it is a reminder of the printer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05214529

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should simply uninstall the Unknown Device and the Windows Update issue will no longer occur, it is a reminder of the printer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05214529

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.