Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I downloaded Windows 10,  my Printer drivers for photosmart 7550 did not merge from Windows 8.1.

Windows 10 does not recognize photosmart 7550 printer.

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

Hi @FaithMan

I am sorry to inform you, the HP Photosmart 7550 is no longer supported on Windows 10 as you may find listed within the  chart below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04658195

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

The HP Photosmart 7550 can indeed be used with Windows 10 and with Windows 8.1 for that matter. You just have to manually install the printer and use the compatible driver that is built into Windows.

Here's how. Just follow this simple step by step procedure and your printer will be up and running very quickly.

1. Plug in the printer and connect it to your computer
  2. Turn it on
  3. Right click the start button and click the following:
  4. Control Panel
  5. Devices and Printers
  6. Add a printer
  7. Click The printer that I want isn’t listed
  8. Add a local printer with Manual Settings
  9. Next
  10. Use an existing port
  11. DOT4_001 (HP Print Device)
  12. Next
  13. Under Manufacturer Select HP
  14. Under Printers Choose HP Photosmart 7520 series Class Driver
  15. Next
  16. Select Use the Driver that is currently installed or replace current driver (it doesn’t matter which)
  17. Next
  18. Printer Name appears click next
  19. Do not share this printer
  20. Next
  21. Print a test page
  22. Close
  23. Finish

See you don't need to throw away your expensive high quality printer. You just have to know how to set it up with the new OS.

Let me know if this helps you!

-Tom Boomer

HP Recommended

Thank you, Tom.  I was afraid I would have to toss an excellent printer -- one that, until I installed Windows 10 -- was working perfectly and totally suited my needs.  I also have a modest stock of ink cartridges that I would have to toss as well if there had been no way to resurrect my printer.

Just having come across your instructions, I haven't had a chance to apply them.  But I will later this evening - and I'll let you know how I come out.

Again, thanks for taking the time to develop the fix and posting that fix where those in need can find it.

Bill G.

HP Recommended

Tom,

I installed the printer/driver per your instructions.  Installation was completely successful.  I now (again and finally) have a fully functional HP Photosmart 7550 working with Windows 10.  The entire process took less than five minutes following your instructions step by step by step….   Thanks for you post.  It saved me the cost of a new printer – a cost I would have had to pay had I needed to “junk” my current printer and buy a new replacement. 

Bill G.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!!!  I thought I would have to buy a new printer.  Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Thank You so Tom.  it worked great

HP Recommended

Thank you Tom.  Worked like a charm and I have my printer back!

HP Recommended

Tom,

Thank-you very much! You saved me time & money.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much!!!!

You saved me a few hundered bucks i suspect.  Followed your precise instructions and now the printer works perfect!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.