Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello-I am having aproblem that is similar to this one. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in One N911n multipurpose printer. I downloaded Win 10 updates for my Lenova desktop computer and converted my operating software from win8.1 to win10. I checked HP download website for my printer's updated win 10 software and found nothing, This was before 11/13/15. However,I visited HP's Software website to date and found win 10 downloads for my printer. This has not solved my complete problem. A note with a red star appeared on my computer screen stating that my firewall may be causing problems. I opened my firewall and made adjustments such as lowering the amount of protection that I receive from my firewall. I will have to find out if this is exposing me to a larger thert than any help from curbing the use of printing.I will have to check this out.

HP Recommended

Hi @wardell1

I would be happy to help you install and use your HP Officejet 8600 with your now Windows 10 computer. I understand you feel the issue might have something to do with a firewall and you tried to get around it without success. Have you tried performing a clean boot and then running the Printer Install Wizard? If not, please do so. I will include steps below:

Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10 / 8 / 7

Please download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows from here. 

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

@mweaver1 wrote:

it recognises the printer but there is no " still need help " option, or form, just says there is no telephone option at moment , try during out opening hours, ill try then but hopefully they put the telephone number up at its not shown yet 

Hi @mweaver1

Try this number, you might have to wait on the line for a few minutes but I believe this may be the most appropriate number for you 1-800-474-6836.  Alternatively, you can try 855-785-2777.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

r these numbers for the uk ?

HP Recommended

No, perhaps this would be better: In-Warranty & Out-of-Warranty :  0207 660 0596
(Only valid within the UK)

Contact HP - Phone Assist

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you.  This solution worked for me.

HP Recommended

hi b4 i ring them it says there is a fee for this can you tell me how much this is please ?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the instructions..

Very clear and concise. And it worked for me.. 

cheers

Ravi

(Im also an HP employee !)

HP Recommended

Hi MWeaver

Did you ever find a solution when you were unable to update the driver and received the system error?

I am also in the UK but currently reluctant to call the support centre

Grateful for any info you can give me (before I buy a new printer instead)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.