Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installation of the printer HP ENVY 5660 the updates always show the error "• Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 5660 series - Error 0x800f020b". Even after removing the device and uninsatalling this error continues and windows 10 update is not going ahead. How to remove this error and how to instal the printer without this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @tstyam,

Thanks for showing your interest in the HP Forums! 

I understand that you're experiencing this error "Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 5660 series - Error 0x800f020b". I would be happy to assist you with this.

It would appear that there is a corrupted driver on the computer. If you’ve just installed Windows or a device and the Device Manager has “Unknown devices” or “Other devices”. This means that they are either in an error state or without any drivers installed. 

To resolve this we need to remove the "Unknown device" or "Other devices" and run Windows Update to correct the problem. 

1. Go to Settings and then select Devices.
  2. Click on Connected devices.
  3. Click on Device Manager.
  4. Open Printers and then uninstall/delete/remove the "Unknown device".
  5. Open Other devices and then uninstall/delete/remove the "Unknown device".
  6. Launch Windows Update to correct the problem. 

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @tstyam,

Thanks for showing your interest in the HP Forums! 

I understand that you're experiencing this error "Hewlett-Packard - Enterprise WSD Multi-Function Printer, Multi-Function Printer, Other hardware - Null Print - HP ENVY 5660 series - Error 0x800f020b". I would be happy to assist you with this.

It would appear that there is a corrupted driver on the computer. If you’ve just installed Windows or a device and the Device Manager has “Unknown devices” or “Other devices”. This means that they are either in an error state or without any drivers installed. 

To resolve this we need to remove the "Unknown device" or "Other devices" and run Windows Update to correct the problem. 

1. Go to Settings and then select Devices.
  2. Click on Connected devices.
  3. Click on Device Manager.
  4. Open Printers and then uninstall/delete/remove the "Unknown device".
  5. Open Other devices and then uninstall/delete/remove the "Unknown device".
  6. Launch Windows Update to correct the problem. 

Please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your solution. It worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.