Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
USE WINDOWS VISTA'S DRIVERS FOR THAT PRINTER. THEY WORK PERFECTLY!
HP Recommended

USE WINDOWS VISTA DRIVERS FOR THE LASERJET 1012. THEY WORKED PERFECTLY FOR ME! GOOD LUCK!

HP Recommended

Ditto. Installed the Vista 32-bit driver on my Windows 7 32-bit system.  My HP 1012 is again ALIVE!

HP Recommended

Per Sean's suggestion, I installed the Windows 7 driver for the 1015 and my LaserJet 1012 is now working.  However the double-side feature is not working even though I've checked the "Print on Both Sides" box.  I tried printing from Word and Acrobat and the double-side feature didn't work in either case.  Any suggestions? 

HP Recommended

I donwnloaded the HP driver LJ1012  driver for Vista but there is no exe file.  After expanding the zip, there are many zipped cab files, one cat file and one inf.  How do I install it. 

Thanks much

HP Recommended

You need to access the folder that you downloaded, (Be sure it's decompressed and saved into a seperate folder), then access it from Control Panel > Add new printer > search/locate installation folder. Once you do this, it should follow and finish installation. Good luck!

HP Recommended

GREAT!

HP Recommended

Install Vista's driver for Laser 1012. This should work!

HP Recommended

wondering if i could get assistance on this.. i would love to get this working.. i have the same laserjet 1012, usb connection,, using a windows 7 home premium 64bit, laptop.

I tried the following methods:

'add printer', 'add local printer', 'use exising port, chose lpt1', 'windows update', chose hp 1015..  that did not work..

i also tried downloading the windows vista 64bit driver,, still no luck printing test page..  I would LOVE some additional suggestions on what i may be doing wrong.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

You did it right, except you need to choose 'USB" port and not LPT1 or else...  Repeat the procedure once again. You will not have to deal with any other model update number, except the one on your printer.  Good luck!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.