Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Plus B209a
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

In a new house and B209a printer will not connect to wireless as connection times out. First, is the printer compatible with a new Pace 5268AC router (provided by AT&T)? Second, threads have indicated I should look for hpsetup (which I can't seem to find on my Mac) and show all Bookmarks and select Bonjour, which other threads indicate may not be listed with my system. Printer connected fine in previous home with Arris router (provided by AT&T). Any help with connecting my printer to my wireless network would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @gsp2

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post.

I see you have replaced the router and are facing difficulty setting the printer with the new router. I will be glad to assist. 

Please try the steps below. 

Open system preferences from the Apple menu and open print and fax.

If the printer is listed there, delete it and restart the computer.

Restart the printer, router, and the computer and try to setup the printer again.

Check if the printer is connected to a network from the printer screen, if it is already connected to a network, reset the printer network settings and setup the printer with the new router. 

Also, the full feature software driver for the printer is not available for MAC OS 10.7, you will have to rely on Apple update. 

Please refer to this article for assistance. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is "Restore Network Defaults" the same as "reset printer network setting" in your instructions?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, you are right, both are the same. Please go ahead. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I followed your steps, and, unfortunately, the printer is still timing out when searching for the wireless in "Wireless Protected Setup." The information is on the network configuration page indicates my wi-fi name for the SSID and Signal -33. The router is in the same room as the printer--about ten feet apart. Per link you sent, perhaps the router is not in a 2.4 ghz setting?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and I am glad that you mentioned that the router might not be on the 2.4Ghz. All our printers only work on the 2.4Ghz. Recommend you to change the router settings, create a new name for the 2.4Ghz network on the router page and then try to connect the printer to the new 2.4Ghz network. 

If you are not sure on the procedure to change the router settings, recommend you to contact your router manufacturer or your ISP for assistance in changing this setting.

Hope this answered your concern. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.