Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium c309g
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently changed my service provider. I am unable to connect my printer via the wireless options.  When i do search for the router, I can see my router listed.  But, when I try to connect it fails.

I found a HP thread regarding this problem, that basically stated that my printer does not support WPA2.

My question is whether or not there is a firmware patch/upgrade to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Steve

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@stevemon,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to connect to your HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309g on the wireless network.

This issue could occur if the printer is not setup properly on the network.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Wired or Wireless Network Printer Setup

You may also find the wireless password from the link: Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows)

Let us know if you receive any error messages while connecting the printer to the network.

Also, let us know if you have installed the latest drivers for the printer.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.