Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PHOTOSMART 5520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I look at the front panel of the printer itself it says that I already have the most current updates installed.

However, the laptop repeatedly tells me that recent updates have failed. I receive the following message:

"There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP Photosmart 5520 series - Error 0x8024200b."

Which should I believe?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome @glasgowjohn

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you keep getting an error wit the Windows Updates. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Please take a look at my other post that should resolve your issue: Update error.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome @glasgowjohn

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you keep getting an error wit the Windows Updates. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Please take a look at my other post that should resolve your issue: Update error.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.