Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @QueenSusan,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you.

Let's start by checking all the Windows update are installed through Start -> Settings -> update and security -> Windows update. Once done restart the PC.

If the issue persists, I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. Please use this link to help you with that information, using this link.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you go ahead and uninstall the printer driver and software. Restart the PC and then install the full feature driver and software. This should help to fix both scan and copy issue.

For more details on how to fix this issue, please follow this link. Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further assistance. 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, but...  all Windows updates are installed.  In fact, it was after the last update that the scan feature stopped working.  I have tried to run Print and Scan Doctor, but it doesn't "see" the printer (same reason I can't scan in the first place).  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software three times.  It still doesn't "see" the printer for the scan function.  As stated previously, it sees it for printing--printing is no problem.  It's just scanning that's an issue.

Any other suggestions?  <sigh>

HP Recommended

I have not used the scan feature yet, but I did notice the following note in the manual:

4 Scan
You can scan originals and send them to a variety of destinations, such as a folder on
the network or on a specific computer. You can use the device control panel, the HP
software, and TWAIN-compliant or WIA-compliant programs on a computer.

NOTE: If you do not install the optional HP software, you can only scan using the
Webscan feature. Webscan is available through the embedded Web server.

HP Recommended

Thank you, but this didn't work for me either.  I did use a trial version of a third party software which worked perfectly (which leads one to wonder why HP can't do that).  However, to purchase it was $100 and I decided a better use of my money would be to just buy a new printer.  I am really NOT happy about that at all, since the other was not that old and I just bought new cartridges for it.  However, it is what it is and I now have a new printer.  <sigh>

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.