Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

cednorth,

Thank you for the info on hiding the update. Worked like a charm. Now if we can get MS and HP to coordinate these updates like they should this won't be a problem anymore.

HP Recommended

I am getting the same issue, I removed all my HP software, removed the printer from both settings and device manager, under WSD Print Provider and under printers. I have the HP LJCP1025nw color on Windows 10, recentrly just re-installed.  All was well until I installed the printer drivers.  On my laptop, same issue except I just attempted an windows update and now same error code for no CP1020 Series and CP1025nw series error 0x80230017

HP Recommended

Hello,

This is how I solved, for exactly the same printer and also 64 bits though it should work with any device.

Hope it helps

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

HP Recommended

This is also the case for my Color Laserjet CP1525nw. The latest driver is already installed, so the error is bogus.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! Because the error (0x80240017) may be bogus, I won't let it bother me any further

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.