Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet f4280
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded to windows 10 and all is working well except the HP f4280 printer. All drivers are up to date and everytime I try to print I get the message "Couldn't reach this printer>" or nothing prints.  I have run HP print and scan doctor and HP solutions center.  I can print an alignment page and through print doctor it says all is installed, but it will  not even print a test page.  Nothing prints.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @troyab13,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're unable to print to your HP Deskjet F4280 All-in-One Printer, since upgrading to Windows 10. I will certainly do my best to help you.

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

I would try the steps within these guides, 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10) and HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

It would not print initially, then it asked if I wanted to do an internal test print.  This worked. Then I got the message that there was an error that the print and scan doctor could not fix.

HP Recommended

I got the exact same problem and tried everything I can , the printer doesn't work. I have no idea why this simple problem cannot solved by HP.

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

ownloaded the purported latest drivers for Windows 10 and still no operative f4280.:smileyfrustrated:

One would think that HP with all it's high tech software people would be able to come up with a proper fix.:smileymad:

Or is this another HP ploy to get you to buy a new printer?

If it is, it won't work on me. I'll try Brother, even though I have been an HP man all my life.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.