Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

is there a way to get the scanner to do the align via the computer. i am sadly at the point now with my Photosmart C4680 where it always beeps and the onscreen buttons do not work (from what i've found a common problem). I made the mistake of buying new ink because I was able to use the functions via the software but now that I've loaded the new ink, I can get passed the alignment process to use the printer.

HP Recommended

@wiseman32210 wrote:

Why would HP put in an option to Disable the Alignment notice? The reason is because of Profit. They would loose money on Toner, Ink and Paper. If you think about it everytime you turn your printer off and on it has to align. If you put in a new Cartrige you have to align it. I don't believe printing up a document really needs to be so exact that a person has to align the printer because it may be out of alignment. It's anoying feature that has little to no effect on the outcome of printing a document. Besides it would make too much sense to be able to disable a anoying feature like the Alignment message.

In addition to physical alignment the aligment process also calibrates the temperature sensor of the printhead as well as the operating energy requirement.  Skipping the alignment (if it could be done) is likely to use more ink due to un-optimum temperature or energy conditions.  The alignment process is certainly *not* a way to sell more ink.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@drache71 wrote:

is there a way to get the scanner to do the align via the computer. i am sadly at the point now with my Photosmart C4680 where it always beeps and the onscreen buttons do not work (from what i've found a common problem). I made the mistake of buying new ink because I was able to use the functions via the software but now that I've loaded the new ink, I can get passed the alignment process to use the printer.

Sorry.  The alignment page can be triggered from the computer as described here, but finishing it still requires pressing the button.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

How can I turn off or bypass the alignment on the HP 4500?

I have a HP F4500 all in one that I primarily use for scanning and another HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401n that I use for 99% of my printing. Just recently, the align message showed up on the F4500 and it won't shut off. The cartridges are completely empty and I have no plans to fill them since I only use the all in one to copy and scan. While I agree with the other users that the align messges are annoying, until I can figure out a way to override the messages I will not be ableo to copy or scan.

• The interface on the computer also offers no cancellation or ignore option.
  • I have tried clicking as well as holding down the cancel button and nothing happens.
  • I have tried power cycling and replacing cartridges and nothing changes

If I can't figure this out, I'll unfortunately have to get rid of a machine that's less than a year old OR buy toner for a machine I don't use for printing. 😞

HP Recommended

how do i turn off alignment on HP 4315 ALL IN ONE OFFICEJET (there is a way!

To turn off the alignment nightmare ink wasting issue, simply hit "cancel" , then ok, then cancel, then ok, repeat ... finally it will say (if you can read the black on dark grey background) alignment canceled.

There does NOT appear to be a way to re-use the many previous ink wasting alignment pages (and its not just a few drops of ink)... our color cartridge seems to be perennially out of ink even though we never print anything much in color.  Word is that even if you choose black only  (or greyscale it still uses a little color ink for every page whether color or not. ? )

DON"T BUY HP printers. ... they are time wasters... frustrating and not user friendly.  

I actually keep an old HP that prints in black only around for emergencies. laugh. but then you have to get the old to new usb printer adapter too.

Even our HP laptop went out on us,, bad chip, they finally had a class action settlement and sent us a new laptop but it was a smaller screen size?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

eHow knows more than our "Pro" here...wonder-full.

HP Recommended

HORRIBLE ANSWER :  your link says print alignment pages anyway neat the bottom.   THE REAL SOLUTION FOR THE HP 4315 ALL IN ONE IS TO SIMPLY;  MAKE SURE PAPER TRAY HAS ZERO PAPER IN IT, THEN HIT CANCEL, OK, CANCEL OK, CANCEL OK, REPEAT UNTIL IT FINALLY SAYS ALIGNMENT CANCELED "      THEN OK.   NOW YOU ARE SET. REPLACE PAPER IN PAPER TRAY AND PROCEED ON.   

HP Recommended
For the officejet 4315 ALL IN ONE, you simply hit cancel about 2-6 times in a row (FIRST make sure there is no paper in paper tray or it will print alignment page)... eventually (1 minute) it will cancel the alignment and then hit ok,, it will revert to normal and you now use your printer.
HP Recommended

model HP Officejet 4315 All-In-One

press and hold "Setup
" button, then press "OK" Done

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.