Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Using the latest (5.0.1) PCL6 64bit drivers on Windows 7 (x64) gets me without the 1200 dpi (152 and 160 lpi) options. I can only "choose" the 600dpi option.

Is this a known issue or i messed up something?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
anyone?
HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem.
HP Recommended

Ok that proves the problem exists...

So could someone of the developers have a say about this? Solution?

Thanks

HP Recommended

HP come on this is not some cheap consumer product.

I seriously hope someone of the developers is reading this.

Even linux drivers worked flawlessly with this model. All print quality options were availlable.

I urge you as a faithful HP consumer/user to look on this issue and solve it asap.

HP Recommended

Solved!

I used the specific vista x64 driver (link) instead of the universal printer driver.

All print quality options are now availlable: 600, FastRes 1200 and ProRes 1200 (160+152 lpi).

I don't understand why HP uses the universal printer driver as it simply isn't fit to use all features the hardware printer offers...

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7. The driver that Windows 7 found for my LJ 1320 would not let me print multiple copies, print in econo mode or print in automatic duplex mode.

After many hours of trying to find an appropriate driver without success, I searched the HP site for the replacement product for the LJ 1320.

I then sent messages to HP asking if the replacement printer would print in the auto duplex mode, as the documentation wasn't clear.

After 3 weeks, no answer from HP.

Screw it. I went out and bought a Brother HL-5370DW, and had it installed and running within 5 minutes, printing multiple copies, in econo mode, with full auto duplex.

HP Recommended

Had the same problem.  Thanks for the link.  HP was the top for me but now I am loosing faith in HP.  The old guys that knew their job may have retired and now all we have is a bunch of dead beat collage newbies.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.