Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Model number J610a - I installed this a couple of years ago and had been working fine up til a few weeks ago (both scanner and printer) using wireless connectivity. I use Windows 7 Home Premium

Firstly it said that the scanner was not connected and that I needed to download software. Every time I've tried to do it tries to download the software but fails. Now the printer is not working - it says that the software is installed but that the printer is not connected to my computer. When I try to follow the steps to connect using the USB cable the computer doesn't show that the usb cable is even connected! I've tried using the HP Print and Scan doctor but that doesn't work either!

Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi mpele,

I found something I am confident will help. Please try the following;

1. Check that your virus checker is up to date and then run a complete virus scan.
  2. If you do not have a Malware scanner such as Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org) I would install one and run a complete scan and remove any malware that is found.

After these two steps reboot and then try a fresh uninstall and reinstall.

- source

Please let me know how this works out.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi mpele,

I see you are having some difficulty with your Deskjet 3050 and the connection to your Windows 7 OS. I understand the Print and Scan Doctor didn't work either, but could you describe what happened?

When you run the Print and Scan Doctor you will see a wrench, a yellow exclamation mark, a red X, or a check mark next each tested item. Click here to download and run the utility > HP Print and Scan Doctor

PSDR printing.jpg

Were you able to get this far, or did the Print and Scan Doctor not even see the printer?

Please use the following document to troubleshoot the issue and let me know the outcome as well as the answers to the questions I've asked. 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Does Not Print: Windows 7

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. It seems that my hp printer is not installed properly on the computer, rather that it being a problem of connectivity. I have no idea why this has suddenly happened! The Hp Print Doctor said that I needed to download the software for this device. I followed the instructions and it started to install but after a while said that it had failed to install with the Error message: -2081883398: Failed to uninstall [edited Serial Number by Moderator]

I tried to uninstall manually via the control panel but it comes up with the same thing. Even if I attach the USB cable from the printer, the computer doesn't even register that I've attached a device.

This all seems to have happened since windows did a lot of automatic updates recently and then said they failed to update and were reverting changes. This carried on every time I logged on until I switched off the automatic update setting. I can't think what else it can be but if I don't get this sorted out soon i will have to get a different printer!

Any suggestions that might help would be really appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hi mpele,

I found something I am confident will help. Please try the following;

1. Check that your virus checker is up to date and then run a complete virus scan.
  2. If you do not have a Malware scanner such as Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org) I would install one and run a complete scan and remove any malware that is found.

After these two steps reboot and then try a fresh uninstall and reinstall.

- source

Please let me know how this works out.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @mpele ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.