Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 4500

Does not work with windows 10. When will updated drivers be available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I downloaded and ran EN4500_198.exe. Added a new printer through wireless direct.  I got the message that my printer was installed. When I try to access the printer through the network, the printer is not found. When I do to devices and printers, I  see my printer with the following message, HPF734F1 (HP ENVY 4500 series) Driver is unavailable.

I can scan to my computer, just no printing. I am lost,.

Ok just figuredb it out. had to delete the old printer definition freom windows 8.1. once I did that, win dows 10 found the printer on the network and uses it correctly.

Thanks for all the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome @rghamel

I would be more than happy to help you with finding updated Windows 10 drivers for your HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer.

First, just a couple of resources for you to review;

The HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer does have Windows 10 drivers posted here; HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Please let me know if these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
When I enter the operating system as windows and the version number as 10, it tells me there are no drivers available for my printer and operating system.
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying @rghamel,

That's odd, I'm able to access it with the link provided above. What browser are you using? Maybe try using this direct download link; EN4500_198.exe

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I downloaded and ran EN4500_198.exe. Added a new printer through wireless direct.  I got the message that my printer was installed. When I try to access the printer through the network, the printer is not found. When I do to devices and printers, I  see my printer with the following message, HPF734F1 (HP ENVY 4500 series) Driver is unavailable.

I can scan to my computer, just no printing. I am lost,.

Ok just figuredb it out. had to delete the old printer definition freom windows 8.1. once I did that, win dows 10 found the printer on the network and uses it correctly.

Thanks for all the help.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with the error message 'driver is unavailable'.  I was on Windows 7 before upgrading to 10.   How did you 'delete the old printer definition from windows 8.1'????

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.