Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I was actually coming back on here to post something that finally worked for me. Maybe, when someone makes a search on the forums for a solution like I did,  they can try what I tried and it will work for them too. Looking around the downloads/drivers portion of the hp support site, I noticed a firmware file I could download. I installed that and rebooted my computer. I was relieved when I finally saw that installation program I had run so many times before make it pass 80%. I now have the software and the drivers installed on my pc. Thank you for taking the time to post a possible solution for me.

HP Recommended

Hey Paul5150,

Glad all is well. Have a good week

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem where the installer stops at 80% and asks me to reboot and try again. I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried uninstalling and starting over several times. I tried to download the firmaware update. I tried to have it install from plugging in the machine. Nothing is working. Please help.

HP Recommended

Hi ecullison

I understand the installation stops at 80%.

I will be happy to assist you with this.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a
surge protector)

Here is a URL to fully uninstall any software for the printer using Win 8.

Here is a document to temporarily disable all the start up programs to see if one of them is causing any issues.

Temporarily turn off any Antivirus software.

Run the installation again.

You will have to follow the same steps to enable all again and turn the Antivirus software back on again.

If you require further assistance please provide the following so I can assist you
better.

How is the printer connected? (USB/ethernet/wireless)

If USB connection did it recognize the printer when connected? Any errors?

If wireless did you setup the wireless on the printer's control panel?

What is the IP address of the printer if on a network?

Any messages on the printer's display?

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Having trouble installing this printer on a Windows 8 HP All-in-One. Have tried all the different solutions suggested and still no luck.  Last thing I've tried is connecting via USB and I get a fatal error message when it's trying to communicate with the printer.

Please help...

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestions and it did not work. I have a friend with the same new laptopn who also tried to load and got the same exact errors at 80% during the install. Still need help.

HP Recommended

Just bought a LaserJet Pro 200 MFP M276nw and it loaded just fine on (2) PC's running windows 7.    When attempting to install on my PC running Vista, it stops at 80% and gives the same screen images as earlier shown.  I have updated the firmware and it still stops at 80%.  Printer is connected wirelessly (IP Address 192.168.1.126).  Help greatly appreciated so I can get full use of this product!

HP Recommended

@HarleeOwner 

Try going to your printer control panel > gear icon > services > HP Smart Install > turn off. Once this is donw, either resume or restart your software install and see if you can complete it.

Good Luck.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

Tried installing with every thing i read in the forum and it still stops install at 80% 

Im on windows 7 64 bit on a hp computer

HP Recommended

@csmith131 

Please go to your printer control panel, go to gear icon, scroll down to Service, scroll down to HP Smart Install and make sure that it is turned off.

Once that is done, make sure that all installs have been uninstalled from your computer and reinstall a fresh download. You should have success at this time.

Good Luck.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.