Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 6600
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

hi, 

I have an HP Officejet 6600 printer which I purchased online in this year April. 

this printer won't print from a smartphone. I have an android smartphone which I updated two weeks earlier. since then I can't able to print from my smartphone. 

I call HP Helpline but they said that its my smartphone fault.

so whom should I call HP or my Phone company?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kaitlyn8462

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I understand that post updating your Android smartphone, you are unable to print from your HP 6600 printer. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I suggest you to update the HP Print Service Plugin on your Android smartphone and then try to print. If you face any issues then please perfom the troubleshooting as described in this link. These solutions are explained in detail in this document: http://hp.care/2fCLLPC

Alternately, you could also make the printer to work using the HP ePrint service. HP ePrint is a secure cloud-based service that lets you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection. Simply email the document or photo you want to print directly to the printer.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. I'm always here to support. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kaitlyn8462

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I understand that post updating your Android smartphone, you are unable to print from your HP 6600 printer. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I suggest you to update the HP Print Service Plugin on your Android smartphone and then try to print. If you face any issues then please perfom the troubleshooting as described in this link. These solutions are explained in detail in this document: http://hp.care/2fCLLPC

Alternately, you could also make the printer to work using the HP ePrint service. HP ePrint is a secure cloud-based service that lets you print from anywhere with an active Internet connection. Simply email the document or photo you want to print directly to the printer.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. I'm always here to support. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.