Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

All, I keep get pop up massage "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in HPLaserJetService.exe [xxxx]" to ask to set up Visual Studio Just-In-Time debugger.

What caused it? how to fix ? I down load AdvancedPCTweaker tool to clean my PC, but bot solve this.

TIA 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey Xiaou,

Have you recently installed Visual Studio? Try these steps to see if it fixes the issue:

a.. Right click My PC / Properties.
  b.. Click Advanced Tab
  c.. Under Performance, click Settings
  d.. Click Data Excecution Prevention tab
  e.. Select Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only
  f.. Restart Windows

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks, Sean,

I checked my PC, it was "tuen on DEP for essentialWindows programs and services only". Antway, I re-do it but still have that issue. I am not sure when I installed Visual Studio 2010, but the HPLaserJetService.exe issue is happend only several (may two) monthes. The message "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in HPLaserJetService,exe [4352]" each time pop up with different number, don't know why. It only ask select debuger.

What eles I could try?

HP Recommended

What model LaserJet is this?

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My printer model is Hp Laserjet P3005n. I also have smartprint installed.

Also I frequently get "HP ToolboxFX has encountered an error and cannot recover" pop up error. I am not sure when/where I need HP ToolbosFX. is it required for HP device? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.