Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp office jet 8610 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when i try to print a large black hp screen comes up and the print "button" is hidden at the bottom of my screen with the windows 10 task bar located there.  therefore I cannot use my mouse to hit the print button.  How can I shrink the hp scrteen so the print button is visable??

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@tomtodd,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are running into some problems trying to print to your HP Officejet 8610. The print button is not accessible on your Windows 10 Computer, the print screen seems to be enlarged.

I would first like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools

-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

What does the PSDR find?

Did you recently upgrade to the Windows 10 Operating system, did you also upgrade the software and drivers for the OJ 8610?

How is the printer connected by a USB or Wireless?

I look forward to hearing from you so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Ran HP print and scan doctor and all was reported OK.

Removed and new installed the software from HP for the 8610.

Problem still exists.  Let me try to better define the issue:

Printer is wireless on a home network.  One computer uses Chrome and one uses Edge.  Both browsers seem to have same problem.

Attached is a screen shot of the issue.  Note that the actual print button is hidden below the bottom of the screen so you cannot activate it with the mouse.

hp screen issue.PNG

HP Recommended

@tomtodd,

Thanks for getting back to me. Have you changed any display settings on the Computers?

Are you not able to unlock the tool bar so you can access the Print option?

Can you move the Print box so you can access the Print option? I only ask because I am able to move it around in the lab and can access the option. Also see here: How to Print in the Edge Browser

When you ran the PSDR, were you able to print the test page?

Were you able to check the Windows Support Pages?

I appreciate the persistence.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution" . If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Another laptop was upgraded to Windows 10. To print to my wireless HP printer from Edge, the print window goes below the task bar and hides the PRINT button. I can only raise the print window to the top of the master window. Sometimes that is enough to sow the PRINT button. But it I am printing an email attachment, the master window is smaller and the print window cannot be raised enough to show the PRINT button. I first have to lower the top of the window, then raise the shortened window to see the button. None of the default Windows 10 or Edge or printer settings have been changed from original defaults. I do not have this problem on Windows 7 and Chrome because the PRINT button is near the top of the print window, where it is well placed.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Still seek an easy solution. Wish i knew if this a windows ten issue or a hp issue, cause then i would know who to seek out for change

HP Recommended

I just ran into this problem.

At first I was "where's the print button "

then I noticed the window wasn't full screen so moved my pointer up to the top and dragged the window up and there was the button....

HP Recommended

How can i shrink the screen to see the print command as the print button is hidden in windows 10?

HP Recommended

How can the print command be made visible as it hidden in windows 10 when printing pictures?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.