Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am extremely frustrated by HP's response to Windows 7 drivers for the Laserjet 1000. As of today there are over 150,000 hits between this posting and other postings on this HP site. One posting alone has nearly 1300,000 hits, but HP has refused to release a driver. All of those people have an HP product they can no longer use only because HP refuses to release the drivers.

I have been a very loyal HP customer for years including the recent purchase of a new HP laptop that brought this issue to light, but that is over. The only solution to the problem is a new printer. Rest assured it will not be an HP product, and for that matter I will not be purchasing any HP products in the future. It may have been HP's intention to make a very reliable product obsolete, thereby forcing us to buy another printer. Well, for me it worked, but not exactly the way they wanted. The printer is obsolete and I will buy a new printer, but not an HP. Oh, and the new laptop, it is going back!

Thank you HP for your customer support!

HP Recommended

Hi Mr Anthony

thanks for the solution, my HPLJ1000 is working fine with iKONICA MINOLTA magicolor 2430DL. in win7 x64 pc.

But one question. When i try to print anything other than A4 size (like Legal, A3) the print will be cut at ends. I tried all possible options, but doesn't help.

any soultions ??

regds,

Sancg2001

HP Recommended

I could not get the driver you suggested to load for my printer

HP Recommended

No man.... it works.... if you follow the steps as is given by Mr anthony.

HP Recommended
UPD works i just did it
HP Recommended

Hi all. I suggested this on page 1. please try UDP it really should help.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

OK, glad there is a solution for Windows 7 but I have only 32 bit driver. Any solutions for that?

HP Recommended

I love you all !!

I didn't need to install or download any special SW. I just used what I had.

I installed the LaserJet 1000 on a XP 32 bits with the original drivers. The LaserJet 1000 DOS was also installed.

I shared this printer (and also the standard hp LaserJet 1000 printer don't know if it is necessary) on my LAN.

I went back to my Win7 64 bits and created a local port and point it to \\computername\hp LaserJet 1000 DOS.

Then, Win7 wanted to install a printer and I choosed HP LaserJet 1100 (MS).

I went back to the XP and changed the 1000 DOS printer port from LPT1 to USB

It worked well as I can see. It's fine for me. Text and pictures came out ok.

I'm very happy! Once again, thank you all. 

/Nalen, Sweden

HP Recommended

Has anyone tried to use the printer with "XP mode" under WIN7 ?

Windows XP Mode comes as a separate download and works only with Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise. It is FREE to download and use !

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

The solution from Los15 works for me (32 bit Windows 7).  Thank you, Los15. Thanks to you I don't have to buy a new printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.