Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I created a file by copying the listed files on the test page of my PC running windows 7 with HP 1000 successfully.  Then on a second PC I went to the device manager that shows the HP and right clicked it.  Browsing to my created file it successfully installs the drivers.  The question is how do I get the information on my created file to you.  I can put that file on a flash drive.  It consist of one folder with about 40 files 20MB in it.  The first PC I got it into was a lot of work with a lot trial and error.  So I can not tell you how I did it exactly to installed into my PC.  But again to install on other PC's is not hard just get the 20mb file I created.   Use it as a source for the drivers using the update with the device manager.  I helped 4 different seniors here to get their printer running with upgraded windows 7 computers.  So how do I get to those who need it.  Than You

HP Recommended

See my posting message 51 for the solution it is much simpler. I ca email a Zipped file anywhere to any one who wants it.

HP Recommended

read my meassage 51  I can Email a zipped file to anyone who wants it

HP Recommended

Will this work with Windows 8?

HP Recommended

May I get it emailed to me, please? [Edited for Personal Information]

HP Recommended

can you email me the zip file thanks

[edited personally identifiable information]

HP Recommended

Thank you for participating in the HP Support Forum.

To protect HP Support Forum participants, our terms of use policy stipulates that you not publicly share your personal information, including but not limited to full names, email addresses and product serial numbers. Although it is also recommended that you not share this information privately, if you wish to exchange information with a specific community member, you might consider doing so in a Private Message (PM). Please refer to "How to Check Your Private Messages" for information on how to use this function.

Respectfully,

eric-g

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

well fine eric thanks

but do you know how to get the laserjet 1000 working under win7 64-bit

HP Recommended

Thanks! Please send me the file via this site: http://www.yousendit.com/ [Personal Information Removed]
(or post the link here for everyone who needs it) Thanks again!

HP Recommended
The file is too big for email... Please place in the site yousendit or similar for us to download from there! Thanks!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.