Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have followed instructions on HP site for general "ink system failure".  I have cleaned printer head and disconnected power and commnunication cables.  I have cleaned heads twice and disconnected the cables at least three times.  Disconnection has been for a minimum of 60 seconds and as long as several hours.  When I restart printer, it goes through it start-up procedure and immediately displays ink system failure with code Oxc19a0020.

HP site does not list this code.  HELP!

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

hi there,

could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? Things like your printer model can help out a lot.

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Unit is a Photosmart Premium c410.

Product Number is C0521-64001

HP Recommended

Cleaning head per HP recommendations does not solve issue.  I have disconnected power as well.  I have done complete procedure as outlined by HP several times.  Printer is a Photosmart Premium c410.

Numbers on printer are:

Serial Number: {Removed for privacy}

FPU: CQ521-64001

HELP is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dave Byers

HP Recommended

Here is a document that deals with all 0x... errors, just in case you haven't done all the steps:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00489814

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

unplugging, removing ink cartridges, did not work.  Still get message even when cartridges were not in printer.  Is this printer unserviceable?

HP Recommended
That error message is related to printhead failure. If either the printer or printheads are in warranty, you can call into HP phone support at 1-800-474-6836. If they are unable to resolve the issue for you, they will replace the printheads and/or printer.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

1.  I need help solving Ink System Failure problem.  Turning the printer on and off did not help!

2. I can't make a WiFi connection on the printer.

HP Recommended

can you please advise what to do we have taken out the print head and followed all the insturctions but still keeps coming up with this system failure

HP Recommended

Hi Lynnstarkie,

I see that your printer is getting an alphanumeric error message.

What printer do you have? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.